Stargate Origins Sweepstakes Official Rules
No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning.
- Sweepstakes Timing: The Stargate Origins Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") starts at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on October 5, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on October 30, 2017 ("Sweepstakes Period").
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia), who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees and their families of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (the "Sponsor"), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. ("Administrator"), Vaudeville Ventures and their member companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, service agencies, advertising and promotion agencies, and printers of each of these entities (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities"), are not eligible to participate or win. This sweepstakes is void wherever prohibited and subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: To enter, visit sweeps.stargatecommand.co and complete all required fields of the onscreen registration form to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
Limit one entry per person/email address. All entries submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Normal Internet/phone access and data/usage charges imposed by your on-line/phone service may apply. No information regarding entries, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules, will be disclosed. Entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on October 30, 2017 to be included in the random drawing. Attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated or computer system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
Incomplete, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen or misdirected entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; or miscommunications, computer or software malfunctions, telephone transmission problems, technical failures, garbled transmissions, damage to a user's computer/phone/mobile equipment (software or hardware), or other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization (which may include an employer) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win.
- Random Drawing: On or about October 31, 2017, one (1) Grand Prize winner and 50 First Prize winners will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period.
Drawing will be conducted by the Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes. The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of entries received by the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
- Winner Notification: Potential winners will be notified via email or phone. Grand Prize winner will be sent via email, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (where legal), Confidentiality Agreement and Assignment of Rights ("Affidavit") and will be required to complete, sign and return Affidavit via mail/email, within two (2) days of being notified in order to claim his/her prize. First Prize winners will be required to confirm his/her mailing address within five (5) days of being notified in order to claim his/her prize.
If a potential winner fails to return the required documentation within the required time period, or the prize notification is returned undeliverable, or in the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period.
Potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor and/or Administrator, whose decisions are final and BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant's eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values ("ARVs"): Grand Prize (1): One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded, consisting of a three (3) day/two (2) nights trip for the Grand Prize winner and one (1) travel companion to Los Angeles, California on a Sponsor-specified date. Trip includes a meet and greet with select members of the cast and crew of Stargate Origins (based on their availability) for winner and travel companion, round-trip coach class air transportation to/from major airport nearest winner's residence to destination location, two (2) nights' hotel accommodations [one (1) standard room, based on double occupancy], ground transportation to/from airport/hotel and set for winner and travel companion (as applicable), a $300 check for winner only, and two (2) Stargate Origins Crew T-Shirts. The maximum ARV of the prize is $4,550. First Prize (50): One (1) Stargate Origins Crew T-Shirt. The ARV of each First Prize is $25 each.
The total ARV of all prizes is $5,800. There is a limit of one prize per person/email address.
Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, except by the Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. No substitution, cash redemption, transfer of prize, refund or credit for changes by the winner is allowed. Winner is responsible for any loss of prize or portion of prize after it has been delivered. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize. All prize details are at the Sponsor's sole discretion. If, at the time a prize is redeemed or awarded, the actual prevailing retail purchase for a prize (or portion of prize) is less than the ARV stated by the Sponsor in any Sweepstakes material or these Official Rules, winner will not be entitled to a check or cash for the price difference.
Sponsor will provide winner with all details of the meet and greet and winner agrees to participate, as requested. Any footage or photographs from the meet and greet (if applicable) will be owned by Sponsor and Sponsor may use that footage in any way it sees fit. In the event the cast and crew of Stargate Origins is not available for a meet and greet or that portion of prize cannot be awarded due to reasons out of Sponsor's control, that portion of the prize will be forfeited and no alternate prize will be provided. Travel must take place on the dates specified by Sponsor. All fees and expenses (such as security fees, gratuities, luggage fees, meals and ground transportation, and incidental charges) related to acceptance and uses of the travel prize(s) not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. In the event the Grand Prize winner lives within one-hundred fifty (150) miles of Los Angeles, California, round-trip ground transportation will be provided in lieu of air transportation and no additional compensation will be provided. Certain restrictions apply. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Grand Prize winner and travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary. Seat selection and timing of trip subject to confirmation of reservations. Major credit card required at check-in to cover any incidental charges. Travel companion must be eighteen (18) or older at time of travel and a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States or District of Columbia. Grand Prize winner's travel companion (or winner as parent/legal guardian of travel companion if he/she is a minor in his/her state of primary residence and winner's child/charge) will be required to execute a release of liability and confidentiality agreement prior to travel. If the Grand Prize winner elects to travel or participate in the prize travel with no travel companion, no additional compensation will be awarded for the travel companion's portion of prize. Grand Prize winner and travel companion must possess valid travel documents (i.e., a valid government-issued photo ID, etc.) and travel on the same itinerary. Grand Prize winner and travel companion are responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by Sponsor's airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets will not be replaced or exchanged. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by any air carrier(s) or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. The passenger contracts in use by the airlines or other transportation companies shall constitute the sole contracts with respect to the Grand Prize winner's and his/her travel companion's transportation and such contracts shall be solely between the Grand Prize winner, his/her travel companion and such transportation companies. If winner meets the requirements of a car rental company selected by the Administrator, he/she may opt to receive a car rental in lieu of the round-trip ground transfers to/from airport/hotel and to/from hotel/set. If applicable, car rental is subject to additional restrictions set forth by car rental contract and car must be returned with a full tank of gas.
In the event the Grand Prize winner and/or travel companion engage(s) in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to threaten or harass any other person, or that in any way disparages or adversely affects the reputation, image, and/or customer goodwill of Sponsor or any of Sponsor's services, products, trademarks, service marks, or logos, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the travel early, and send that Grand Prize winner and/or travel companion home (at Grand Prize winner/travel companion's own expense) with no further obligations or compensation whatsoever to Grand Prize winner and/or travel companion (which may, in Sponsor's sole discretion, result in that Grand Prize winner's disqualification from the Sweepstakes and forfeiture of any and/or all prize(s)). In the event a Grand Prize winner or travel companion engage(s) in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is illegal, tortious, or subjects that Grand Prize winner or travel companion to arrest or detention, Sponsor shall have no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments or other costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever incurred by Grand Prize winner or travel companion as a result of such conduct. SPONSOR SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF ANY TRAVEL RELATED TO THE PRIZE OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF A GRAND PRIZE WINNER'S OR TRAVEL COMPANION'S ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF THE PRIZE.
- General Rules: BY ACCEPTING A PRIZE, WINNER AGREES THAT THE SPONSOR, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THE SPONSOR'S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNER FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and award prizes from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation or termination. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer/device related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Winners consent to the use of their names, addresses (city and state), likenesses, voices, photographs and biographical information by the Sponsor, and their partners for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation and without restrictions, unless prohibited by law.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited by law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state of California, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of California.
- Winners: For the names of the winners, available after November 30, 2017 and available for 30 days, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by December 30, 2017 to: The Stargate Origins Sweepstakes Winners, 100 Marcus Drive (Dept. NW), Melville, NY 11747.
- Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., 245 North Beverly Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210. The administrator of the Sweepstakes is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.